Kickstart your career in marketing and communications
29th April 2021
As part of the government's Kickstart Scheme we are looking for we are looking for a Marketing and Communications Co-ordinator to join the team.
This job is funded by the government's Kickstart Scheme and therefore is only open to candidates eligible to apply via the job centre. Kickstart Scheme jobs are only available for Universal Credit claimants aged 16 to 24 who are referred to you by DWP. If you think you may be eligible, please discuss with your job centre work coach as soon as possible.
Role: Marketing & Communications Co-ordinator
Hours: 20-hours per week (flexible)
Contract Type: 6-month contract to start
Salary: National minimum wage
Location: Watford, WD25 5AD – This could be a remote position
Goods For Good is a UK-based charity that alleviates poverty, and reduces waste, by delivering essential goods to vulnerable people in need. We work with companies, communities and individual donors of goods. Whether it's company who has overstock or an individual who wants to donate new, pre-loved or second-hand items we collect and deliver these goods to vulnerable communities in the UK and abroad.
Since the charity was founded in 2014, we’ve helped support over 3 million vulnerable people worldwide by delivering essential hygiene goods, toiletries, food, clothing, underwear and bedding. The Covid-19 crisis has meant we've accelerated our efforts to respond to the increase in weekly requests to help support more people in need. As a result, we are looking to build the capacity of our team to ensure we deliver against our strategy.
We are looking for a Marketing and Communications Co-ordinator to support our Marcomms Manager take us to the next stage of growth. This is a brilliant opportunity for someone looking to start their career in Social Media and Digital Marketing. We are looking for a team player to support our current marketing and communications activities. You should be passionate about you work, as well as helping people in need, international development, and environmental sustainability.
- Help facilitate the delivery and measurement of effective social media content plans and campaigns that span Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram our blog and newsletter
- Assist in the creation and editing of written, video, and photo content
- Support in the development and curation of engaging content for our social media platforms
- Help with social media reporting, pulling off key reports and statistics and monitoring and reporting on performance
- Manage and facilitate social media communities by responding to social media posts and developing discussions with our partners as well as key influencers and organisations we could engage with
- A competent communicator - writing is a key part of this role so you should be comfortable adapting your style to engage different audiences
- Be able to work in an agile manner, prioritising your workload to be able to adapt to changing requests and tight deadlines
- Be self-aware and able to demonstrate empathy
- Show initiative and the ability to achieve objectives without day-to-day guidance
- Attention to detail and pride in delivering high-quality work
- Good technical skills - familiarity with tools such as Canva and MailChimp would be an advantage
How To Apply
This job is funded by the Government Kickstart scheme and therefore is only open to candidates eligible to apply via the job centre. If you think you may be eligible, please discuss with your job centre work coach as soon as possible. Find out more information here: https://jobhelp.campaign.gov.uk/kickstart/
Just as Goods For Good serves everyone around the world regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation or age, we welcome applications from everyone who meets the eligibility criteria.