Jobs at GFG
23rd October 2020
Marketing & Communications Manager
Hours: 15-hours per week (flexible)
Contract Type: 6-month contract to start
Salary: £30k per annum (pro rata)
Location: Watford, WD25 5AD – This could be a remote position
GOODS FOR GOOD is a UK-based charity that alleviates poverty, and reduces waste, by delivering essential overstocked goods, donated by British industry, to vulnerable communities in the UK and abroad.
In just over 6 years, we’ve delivered over 360 tonnes of high-quality, new overstocked and pre-loved goods with a value of over £20.6m to 22 countries around the world, impacting over 2 million people. We are now hiring a Marketing and Communications Manager on a 6 months contract to take us to the next stage of our growth and help thousands of live in the UK and globally.
We are looking for an experienced team player to transform our current marketing and communications activities as we enter an exciting next phase. You should be passionate about your work, as well as helping people in-need, international development, and environmental sustainability. You will have the opportunity to both shape and grow quickly within the role and organization.
- Create, deliver and manage our communications strategy, channels and core assets;
- Create and deliver our marketing strategy, including digital and traditional campaigns;
- Enable us to tell our compelling story to a variety of donors using a variety of materials;
- Present our charity to leading UK companies/retailers with a view to getting them to support our charity in goods and financially;
- Establish key partnerships and relationships, where appropriate;
- Lead on the development and distribution of key content e.g. Impact report, newsletter, website, social media;
- Manage ongoing assessment of channel effectiveness and measurement;
- Analyze visibility, ROI, and success of targeted campaigns;
- Support and advise the broader team to maximise the effectiveness of their communication;
- Provide key management support, reporting to the CEO and charity trustees.
The following experience is desired:
- Detailed knowledge of marketing and communications strategy;
- Understanding of content-based marketing, tools and approaches;
- Detailed knowledge of the latest digital and direct marketing practices;
- Proven track record of working in the industry (charity experience is not necessary);
- Demonstrable database knowledge - technical, structural and data type manipulation;
- Experience with Canva and Mail Chimp scheduling
- CIM - Chartered Marketer status preferred;
- Ideally a marketing element of degree or postgraduate qualification, or degree or equivalent in a business-related subject.
Other competencies we are looking for:
- Very good writing, communication, and technical skills.
- Dynamic and flexible, able to lead, handle an ever-changing workload and prioritise well.
- Comfortable engaging with a broad variety of stakeholders including corporates, trustees, donors, charity partners, and members of the local community.
Just as Goods For Good serves everyone around the world regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation or age, we welcome applications from everyone.
If interested, please send a short covering letter and your CV to email@example.com.
We’re looking to hire relatively fast so are accepting applications on a rolling basis.